Wednesday, January 19, 2011

From the middle or from the end?

Ok, so there's an issue I've been pondering today, and feel I must give my thoughts on it. No, it is not earth-shattering by any standards. Actually, the discussion of this topic has no value whatsoever, but I shall expound anyway. 

I have been contemplating the age-old old debate of whether it is better to squeeze toothpaste from the middle of the tube, or from the end. I have heard this argument referenced at many weddings as a possible source of conflict awaiting the happy young couple, and there certainly seems to be much conflict surrounding the issue. After much pondering and mulling over, I have come to the following conclusion:

I believe that people who squeeze from the middle are much more tolerant, and relaxed than those who insist on squeezing from the bottom. My reasoning for this assertion is just this: Have you ever met a "middle" person who freaked out when someone else squeezed from the bottom? I have not. But, it is not at all uncommon to hear an "end" person spaz out because of someone else pinching the middle of the tube. Whereas middle-squeezers don't really care where anyone presses on the toothpaste tube- be it half-way, a third of the way, or even all the way down, end-squeezers insist that the only right way to draw out the toothpaste is to press from the bottom. Middle-squeezers are really "anywhere-squeezers", while end-squeezers are exclusively end-squeezers. 

Now maybe it's just me, but it seems that those people who are middle-squeezers are often portrayed as the people who mess up the system, and disrupt the order. But I ask you dear reader- (if in fact anyone has actually continued reading up to this point) just why should we view squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom as a more noble method? I would argue that we should hold those who pinch from the middle in higher regard because of their flexibility, versatility, and open-mindedness. 

So as you can probably tell, when I brush my teeth, I squeeze the tube from the middle. And when I do, I like to think that I am somehow establishing myself as an accommodating, easy-going person. 

Just my thoughts on a completely insignificant subject...

~Jazzy




1 comment:

  1. Jazzy, that's awesome!:-D I must confess, I am one of those end-squeezers...which is why I have my own tube of toothpaste. But maybe I should start squeezing from the middle every now and again...:-)

    ReplyDelete