Monday, January 10, 2011

On the 11th day of Christmas...

... There was lots of red! Definitely one of the best parts about this time of year is that the color red is all over the place! From candy cane stripes to santa hats, tree lights to shiny bows and wrapping paper, and of course the warm red of the holiday Starbucks cups, this cheery color is everywhere!

I love the color red because it symbolizes passion. It's not a mediocre color at all. It's extreme, and warm, and intense, and enthusiastic! Why all the musing about red? Just this: Sometimes life gets so busy and overwhelming that it's easy to go into auto-pilot mode and stop approaching life with passion and zeal. But oh my goodness! I've been rescued by Jesus, and made his child! I never have to feel alone. Jesus calls me his joy! I think that's definitely something to be passionate about! The color red reminds me that there's much to be excited about in life. Whether it's the craziness of December, or the daunting start of a new year, I plan on avoiding auto pilot and instead living a life colored in red!

~Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment