Monday, November 28, 2011

| Sarah |

This is Sarah.


Sarah has been one of my dearest, and closest friends for years. Our families have lived next door to each other for almost forever, and many of my childhood memories include them. Sarah and I have experienced all the craziness of growing up together. Speech tournaments, road trips, birthdays, our failed attempt at racquetball, cooking fiascos, cooking successes, shopping, California, making our own movie, writing our book, bucking hay, working at a hotel, milking goats, hot tubbing, texting ChaCha at 3am, campaigning, country concerts, sleepovers, vacations, camping, holidays... you name it, we've probably done it together. We have crushes on the same country singers. We did the whole, "Oh my gosh, we're not in high school, we're adults!" thing together. Kinda had a breakdown about growing old together. Sort of promised that we either have to get married at the same time, or stay single together... 

Sarah's a super cool person who has been an enormous blessing in my life. She's compassionate, funny, and smart. She's so laid back (unless we're playing a game- then she's pretty darn competitive) and brings a sense of chill to just about any situation. She's been with me through best, and the hardest parts of my life. 

She's a pretty big part of my life, and on Friday she moved across the country to Hillsdale, Michigan to start a new job and a new chapter in her life. She went to school in Hillsdale, so it's not like we've spent tons of time together for the past 4 years, but she's actually moving there now. To stay. It's the realization once again, that we're not kids any more. Why does this fact seem to take me by surprise all over again every few months? 

Before Sarah moved, we had talked about doing a photo shoot together. We decided that it would be epic to not only have photos done together, but to take the photos as well. I have a renewed respect for my tripod. We did this epic little photo shoot in Sarah's family's barn. Let me just say, quite the stellar location for photos! Hay, old tires, tractor, and an incredible old Ford truck. We were pretty stoked. 







Not too bad considering there wasn't anyone behind the camera, right? 





We're thinking of contacting Ford and seeing if they'd like to pay us for these photos.














Gosh, I'm going to miss her so much...

~Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Made me cry.....reminds me of my best friend and how much I miss her!! Sweet photos that will bring back precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are SO HOTT right now! Its unbelievable.
    Made me cry too. Wow I miss you guys. Heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Beautiful. Love you girls. Amazing how time flies.

    ReplyDelete