Thursday, December 23, 2010

On the fourth day of Christmas...

... Starbucks brought back their holiday drinks! Oh the joy of Christmas flavored coffees! Peppermint mochas, toffee Frappuccinos, gingerbread and eggnog lattes... The phrase "comfort and joy" comes to mind... There's something ridiculously comforting about sitting in a cozy corner at Starbucks, slowly sipping my drink, and taking time to daydream a bit. When I'm here, at one of my favorite places in the world, time stands still for half a second. And there's almost nothing that brings joy to my day faster than a trip to Starbucks. I love everything about this place! I love the smell of the coffee. I love the decor, and the lighting in my favorite corner. I love it when I come in and the barista knows my name! I love that something as small as serving somebody coffee can bring a smile to their face and joy to their day.

The holiday season can be so rushed sometimes that it's easy to look past people. Today what's something you can do to bring a moment of comfort and joy to someone around you?

With a sigh of contentment,
~Jasmine

1 comment: