Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sweet wooden swing...

Yesterday was beautiful. The weather was clear and lovely, and maybe this is just wishful thinking- but it kinda felt like the smell of spring was floating on the breeze. (Ok, that's probably a bit of a stretch given the  fact that it's still January... but I can dream). I've been going slightly crazy with homework this week, and decided that the long hours in front of the computer have made me sunshine deficient, so I decided to go for a run and soak up the vitamin D in the rays. Oh my goodness! Is there anything better than sunshine, fresh air, and good music on my iPod? I love the feel of my lungs expanding when I start to breathe hard. I love the way late afternoon sunlight makes the world glow. I love feeling like my life has a soundtrack when I've got my earbuds in. After that lovely run, I came home and spent time on our amazing backyard swing. It's wooden, and it hangs from a ginormous cottonwood tree. There's nothing more peaceful than floating through the air on that swing. Sun on my face, the breeze running its fingers through my hair, leaning back and staring at branches towering above me. *Deep sigh* It's heavenly. Such a welcome break, and a great start to the weekend! 

~Jazzy


1 comment:

  1. <3 this Jazzy! Great pics and so true...that does sound HEAVENLY!!! :)(I want a swing like that! :)

    ReplyDelete