Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ho-hum...

So for the past week and a half I have been anxiously hoping that something noteworthy would happen to me, so I could write it down and share it with you, dear reader.

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that life has been rather routine as of late, and nothing out of the ordinary has occurred. Is it just me, or is routine a bit frustrating? When things have been predictable for a while, I find that I start to dislike my day-to-day activities. I start looking at them as tasks, and not gifts. It's quite a bad habit, really.

So today, I am choosing see the blessings of my routine, rather than overlooking them in anticipation for the next big adventure.

1. I don't have to be at work early, so I can take my time getting ready for the day.


2. I have at least an hour of driving time every day- time for a phone call on the way home, time to listen to an entire CD, time to clear my head with my sunroof open. 


3. I'm home for dinner with my family every night.


4. Lately, my routine has included flip-flops every day, which makes me and my feet veeeeeerrrrry happy.


Join me, won't you? Let's celebrate the "humdrum". What are some of the nice parts of your day that you often overlook?

Here's to viewing each day as a gift from God!

~Jasmine

And here is a somewhat unrelated photo, because I hate to post without one!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for "humdrum" days!!! :)) Nice pic btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer a lot of routine, but mostly choose to disrupt it myself when I don't want it anymore.

    That said, I started noticing the pleasantness of meals a lot more this year. They're nice.

    ReplyDelete