Friday, May 6, 2011

Starting the summer off right

When I turned 21, which was my golden birthday, I decided that not only would the day be golden, the entire year would be. So, since my last birthday, life has been grand, and I have been doing lots of sweet, amazing things, one of which was a Kenny Chesney concert on Sunday. It was rather epic. Kenny Chesney, Uncle Kracker, and Billy Currington all in one night. Yessssssssssssss!!! I'm just a little bit of a fan. Kenny Chesney is the king of summer music, with songs about flip-flops, suntans, key lime pie, and lazy days by the beach: all things that I absolutely love!


So I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was for this day. I've been stalking the tour website for months, waiting to find out when Mr. Chesney would be close by. I have to say, an 8 hour drive to Phoenix wasn't quite as close as I had been hoping, but I figured if ever there was a time to be making crazy decisions like driving all day for a concert, it was while I'm still young. 

So off I was, headed to Phoenix at 6 in the morning with a friend. We were stocked with snacks, loaded up on country music CD's, and my new cowgirl hat was in the back seat just waiting to be worn. I bought this hat last fall specifically for a Kenny Chesney concert, and it's been sitting in my closet with the tags on, in anticipation of just this night, so I was just a tiny bit excited to finally get to put it on. 

Warm weather, new hat, one of my favorite singers, songs about summer... does it get any better? All in all, it was a fantastic day. Here are a few of the highlights. 


We got to Phoenix a few hours before the concert, and had some time to wander around, soak up the sunshine, and stop off at this lovely little frozen yogurt shop. after tasting their yogurt, I am absolutely sure that we need one of these stores in my hometown.



While waiting for the gates to open, we happened to see a very official-looking limo. I'm pretty sure it was Kenny's. I waved at the darkly tinted window, and I'm very certain that he waved back. 

If you look close- you can see him giving me the thumbs up. 



I'm also pretty convinced that Mr. Chesney was about to come walking out of this bus when a random security guard told us that we weren't allowed to keep peering down into the loading dock. 


I was so excited, I just had to be the first person in line!




After much hunting, we were finally able to catch up with Mr. Chesney, and he was kind enough to strike a pose for a quick picture. 


This was the biggest stadium I've ever been in. I think it holds about 20,000 people and it was almost completely full!



There's something kind of mind-blowing about that many people all singing the same songs together. Singing about warm weather, beaches, and vacations- it's kind of hard not to love it! 
The perfect way to kick off a summer




So if you like country music- then call me up! Let's go to a concert! 

If you don't like country music- well I'm sorry. And if you're one of those people in my life- I wish we could share this fun pastime together, but you're a good sport for putting up with me. 

~Jazzy





2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!! THis is so incredibly awesome!!! I wanna go to a concert with you sometime!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jazzy, I'm sooo Jealous!!!! I've been to three Josh Turner concerts and so far he's the only country artist I've had a chance to see in concert :( Looks like you had a lot of fun, and Uncle Kracker...lucky!!!!!! Did he sing Smile?!??!?!

    ReplyDelete