Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learning to jump...

For those of you who haven't heard, I went to New Zealand last fall, and while I was there, one of the epic things that I did was go skydiving. I don't consider myself much of a thrill-seeker, but skydiving has been on my bucket list for ages, so I was completely excited to be able to check it off in a country as gorgeous as  New Zealand. Oh my goodness! For a few seconds, I remember screaming- my mouth getting dry with the rush of air- and then realizing that I couldn't hear myself. It took me a bit to come to grips with the fact that I had just tumbled out of a plane- and lived! I had no idea how peaceful I would feel floating 12,000 feet above the ground. It was more spectacularly beautiful than I could've ever imagined, and it was so delightful and comforting to know that my instructor was taking care of everything, and I just got to enjoy the ride. 


Last year, the big thing that God taught me was that I could wait patiently, and know that he would provide for me just when I needed it. All year long, I practiced living in trust, and all year long, I saw Him supply my needs at just the right moment. Well, I have a feeling that this year is going to be building off of last year. This year, I think I will have to move beyond waiting. This year, I think I'm going to learn how to jump. This year, I want to learn to leap from the plane, and know that He's going to open the parachute. It's a scary feeling- getting ready to jump. But there's something peaceful about knowing that my Jesus is taking care of everything.  I don't know exactly what this means for me, or in what way it will apply to my life, but I'm excited to find out, and there's no one I'd rather free-fall with than Jesus!


~Jasmine


2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Glad to call you my older sis:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzy...you inspire me so much! I love you, and am so excited to see all God does for you this year!!

    ReplyDelete