Friday, February 4, 2011

Lessons from an onion


so love lessons that are learned from random, everyday occurrences. Such was the case for me yesterday. I was planning dinner, and one of the items needed was an onion. I have a love/hate relationship with onions. I love the way they make food taste, but hate the way they make my breath and hands smell, and I absolutely hate to cut onions because of the way I can't stop crying while I'm cutting. Yesterday, I had the onion to top all onions. Tears were running down my face, my makeup was smearing, and as hard as I tried, I could not re-open my eyes once the toxic fumes had reached them. (Now that I think about it, it was probably a really bad idea to keep cutting at that point...) If someone could figure out how to turn the smell of onions into a weapon, it would be a discovery of epic proportions because I'm pretty sure there's nothing that could stand against it. 

 Anyway... My lesson from the onion is just this: sometimes in life, the things that make us cry the hardest, are the things that add the most flavor. Sometimes, the hardest circumstances produce the sweetest results. It's the lowest points of a story that make the ending all the happier. My soup wouldn't be as tasty without those onions that make me cry, and my life wouldn't be as rich without the things that make me cry either. 

So as I enjoy my soup today, I'm thankful for the onions, and thankful for the reminder that the hard things that I've gone through are the things that have made my life so much sweeter!


~Jazzy

You can't quite tell, but I'm really, really crying here




2 comments:

  1. Jazzy, that's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! That is so incredibly true... love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete